Re: Subcontract Frustration

"Frank Kurz" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0rKdnTx5y-FOw6fMnZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 3/7/2013 6:11 PM, Jim wrote:
>> On Thursday, March 7, 2013 11:06:31 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> I pretty much don't subcontract for anybody anymore. Even those
>>> relationships which are good only last for a few years. As soon as they
>>> say, "We need you to help us out," its over. The beginning of the end at
>>> best. They have decided if they can't bend you over whenever they want
>>> they'll get the next guy who doesn't know any better. If you take it
>>> once, they will then proceed to see how often and how hard you will take
>>> it. Each time being a little worse then the rest until you are
>>> hemorageing from every orifice and trying to make up the losses in
>>> volume... Interestingly every single time in the past when I have posted
>>> on this group about how I don't subcontract anymore some jackass calls
>>> me up asking me if I'll service their accounts in my town. When I say no
>>> they try to rephrase the question. I'm not kidding.
>>

>> How about telling them that you will ...... and then .... just don't.
>> Just yes them to death right up to the point that you're supposed to show
>> up .... and then .... with out a word ..... don't ever contact or respond
>> to them again.
>>
>> That'd probably piss them off enough so that they wouldn't call you
>> again.
>>
>> It's like when the telemarketers call. Ask them to hold for a minute, put
>> the phone down and just leave it off hook. After a minute or so, they get
>> the point.
>>
>> You waste my time .... I waste your time.
>>

> Around here putting the phone down isn't an option.  After a few seconds
> they hang up and call back.  And it doesn't matter how you tell them... I
> don't want your cable TV.  I don't have time to watch TV.  I disconnected
> the TV three years ago and nothing has changed to alter the previous two
> statements.  I did manage to get one over on one of the more persistent
> individuals, though...  He told me that he could save me hundreds of
> dollars over my current TV bundle.  I told him that would be hard to do
> since it currently costs me "nothing", but if he was willing to send me
> the "hundreds of dollars" in savings, I would really appreciate it.
>
> :-)

Lately I have been repeated getting calls on my Cell Phone, from Washington
State and California (Caller ID) which supposedly is generated from
Tennessee asking me to place a security sign in my front yard and install a
"FREE" GE Security system valued at $850.00.  Yea, right!!!

Pressing 2 or 9 as instructed does not work since the robo calls still
happen.  So I have been pressing a 1 to speak to a representative.  Since
they want to hang up as soon as they get a hint of a uncooperative caller I
have been playing along by asking questions.  Like, a "FREE" system??  How
is that possible??"  "What is the model of the system" etc.  "How much is
this free system going to really cost me."  I try to keep them on as long as
possible to eat up their time.

I have been asked a number of times "Sir, do you have a Security System in
your home??"  I try to explain how insulting and stupid that question is to
answer on the phone to a person I do not know.

Sometimes when I don't have time when a human gets on the line and ask if I
am interested in a Free Security System.  I just blurt out.  "Please tell
your boss he is a asshole".  Then it is a race to see who hangs up the
fastest.

The sad part is that they would not be doing this crap is people weren't buy
into the scam.

Les