Re: Another unstable DMP XR-20

On Monday, January 7, 2013 6:19:27 PM UTC-5, RockyTSquirrel wrote:
> "Bob La Londe"  wrote in message news:8iGGs.32029$411.28138@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=
..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >Yeah, I know that.  Oddly they seemed eager for my help this morning.  N=
o=20
>=20
> >argument about cost or anything, and paid on the spot.  Only time will t=
ell=20
>=20
> >if a full power cycle, and draining the filter caps to make sure no memo=
ry=20
>=20
> >was held will actually fix their time set problem or not.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Bob,  I seem to remember hearing that some DMP panels do not link to the =
AC=20
>=20
> for a time base reference, but instead use an onboard xtal for time base.=
.
>=20
> Which will over time drift from the standard time keeping..
>=20
> Causes can vary from voltage changes to Temp. changes...
>=20
>=20
>=20
> RTS

Drifting several days off in only several days time, is excessive though. P=
ersonally I think the XR20 is a POS and most customers don't use the Cellul=
ar so having it built in (and with Cell Technology changing constantly) is =
a completely wasted feature to build-in anyway. The XR500 is fairly stable =
but I have still had quite a few screwy things go wrong with them. Sometime=
s the keypads lock up for no reason and won't fix until you pull the plug o=
n them (the KP) and reconnect it, then  it's fine again til next time. One =
I had in a SCIF stop letting the customer arm and disarm, I could get in pr=
ogramming but didn't have all the menus, when I went in the COMM menu, I ha=
d some, shall I say, "Special" characters where there shouldn't be any.... =
All in all, they have come up with a panel that has a lot of good features =
but they should have never released it until they did more bug fixing. I HA=
TE that the Green light only represents "Power" and NOT "Ready To Arm" and =
you have no idea if you will succeed in arming until you try (unless you wa=
nna go into Point Status) and also, in the menu, once you do something, you=
 are booted back out of the menu 9 of 10 times just to need to go in again,=
 and again, and again.

ALMOST a TOTAL P.O.S. IMHO