Re: Another unstable DMP XR-20

On Monday, January 7, 2013 11:19:04 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I probably won't be able to ge the customer to go for an upgrade to a bet=
ter more stable panel on this one so I'll give it one more try. They calim =
that they set the time via the user menu, and every time with in a few days=
 its off by several days. Sometimes everything is off, and its not consiste=
nt with it losing time from a total power failure. They change their own ba=
tteries so getting them to just pay for a new panel is probably slim. I nee=
d to install a DSL filter on it anyway, so I'll do a complete power cycle a=
nd check the battery they installed while I am there. That does cure a few =
of the DMP panels for a while. (I am surprised they didn't just ask me to s=
ell them a filter and mail it to them.)

I don't know anything at all about DMP except that they left the "U" out of=
 the name. But I do know about the kind of customer that you have.=20

You could just locate a website that sells DSL filters and give the custome=
r the URL.=20

With customers like that, I try to have as little to do with them as possib=
le as long as they pay the monthly bill. But .... if they're ever late. I'm=
 on their ass immediately and if there is ever any inclination that they wa=
nt to cancel... I immediatly send them a cancellation notice and one to the=
ir insurance company and I very politely, and enthusiastically (as if I'm t=
rying to help them)   give them the name of one of the sleaze alarm company=
s in the area.=20

A bad customer is worse than no customer at all.