Re: Residential video surveillance questions

On Monday, January 7, 2013 1:01:48 PM UTC-5, TomR wrote:

>=20
> I assume that I could set this system up and connect it to my tenant's=20
>=20
> computer and Internet access.  If I did that, would it have to record=20
>=20
> everything 24/7, or could I set it up to only record when motion in the b=
ack=20
>=20
> yard is detected?

A word of caution on using Video Motion Detection on a DVR, make sure you a=
djust the sensitivity Grid in the settings and mask out things like blowing=
 tree leaves, Swaying trees, Flags (on a pole etc.) or anything else that m=
ight set it to recording, read the instructions on how to set up video moti=
on and masking, otherwise you will just defeat yourself or the purpose of V=
ideo Motion itself, by having it record NOTHING or EVERYTHING.