Re: Residential video surveillance questions

spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Friday, January 4, 2013 5:04:08 PM UTC-5, TomR wrote:
>> I would like to find out if there is an easy and relatively
>> inexpensive way
>>
>> to set up a single video surveillance camera to cover the back yard
>> area of
>>
>> a property that I own and have rented out to a tenant.  The tenant
>> has a
>>
>> computer and Internet access and would be more than willing to use
>> his
>>
>> computer for this.

> My suggestion would be to buy a DVR with NIC (network interface
> controller/Card), a 500GB-1TB HDD, Remote Connectivity Software
> (Included) and don't mount the camera too close to your light source
> (Flood Lights)and be done with it. :)

Thanks.  As was also suggested here, I checked out
http://www.supercircuits.com/ .

I found this one, for example:

http://www.supercircuits.com/security-camera-systems/4-camera-systems/4-channel-h-264-turn-key-security-camera-system-syrf204b .

I assume that I could set this system up and connect it to my tenant's
computer and Internet access.  If I did that, would it have to record
everything 24/7, or could I set it up to only record when motion in the back
yard is detected?