Re: Residential video surveillance questions

spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Monday, January 7, 2013 1:01:48 PM UTC-5, TomR wrote:
>

>> I assume that I could set this system up and connect it to my
>> tenant's
>>
>> computer and Internet access.  If I did that, would it have to record
>>
>> everything 24/7, or could I set it up to only record when motion in
>> the back
>>
>> yard is detected?

> A word of caution on using Video Motion Detection on a DVR, make sure
> you adjust the sensitivity Grid in the settings and mask out things
> like blowing tree leaves, Swaying trees, Flags (on a pole etc.) or
> anything else that might set it to recording, read the instructions
> on how to set up video motion and masking, otherwise you will just
> defeat yourself or the purpose of Video Motion itself, by having it
> record NOTHING or EVERYTHING.

Good point. Thanks.  I just recently set up a motion sensing security light
at one part of the location in question.  Then I later noticed that the
light was coming on once in a while when no one was around.  It turned out
to be that on a windy day it would pick up a nearby pine tree that was
swaying and that would activate the light.  So, I had to adjust it away from
where the tree is located which solved that problem.