Re: Alarm/security related domains for sale

"G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Bob La Londe Wrote:
>
>>How long are they holding back that 30%?
>
> 90 days.  That was after I "upgraded" to a merchant account and
> the API's for use in shopping carts.
>
> Before that I would have the money instantly.  I am also charged
> $30 for the 'service'.
>
>>  Seems to me if you can hold out
>>for about 3.5 times that time period once then you can get ahead of the
>>curve, as long as you aren't taking out 100% of your profits every month.
>
> Yep, I had the same thought.  If I can build a rolling reserve of
> cash large enough.  The good news is I get the interest on the
> funds.
>
>>Also... some of your distributors may be able to help with terms.  Two of
>>mine in the alarm business extended my standard payment terms just from me
>>asking them.  Didn't even ask for a new credit application.
>
> ADI is the only one I was thinking of dealing with on the
> Honeywell-alarms.com site.  I was just going to sell wireless kits
> and provide support for them.
>
> I've had a run of bad luck with my shoulder first, now my back.
> Its hard for me to do much physical labor anymore. As such, my
> credit has taken a huge hit in the last 3 years being uninsured. I
> make a little bit fixing computers, and I dumped the alarm company
> because I didn't set it up right to begin with.  If I get another
> gig as an IT contractor with HP here in Houston, I'm headed that
> way.
>
> If not, I may just build the store (using different software this
> time) and see what happens.  I can go to ADI 2-3x a week to get
> the product and ship it.  The drop-shipping may be nice for
> larger, heavy, items.  I'd rather pack & ship my own, so I can
> pre-program the panels and the wireless devices and include my own
> notes for them.
>
> I don't know if Honeywell will dislike the name or not, after all
> I am selling their stuff. I'll make sure to notify people they are
> not dealing with Honeywell, but a re-seller.

Weird.  I don't pay PayPal a monthly fee either.  Just the usual exorbitant
percentage of all funds received.  I get API verification pack to my website
too.  Are you using a merchant credit card service through PayPal like a
virtual terminal maybe?

90 days is a long time to hold 30%, and I am sure they are paying you crap
for interest.  I'll ask my dad if he experienced that when he had the
hardware store.  We never took credit cards a the grocery store, but Cotter
& Co negotiated some pretty good deals for their True Value and V&S Variety
franchisees.