Re: Alarm/security related domains for sale

"G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Bob La Londe Wrote:
>
>>How big of a credit line do you need?  You could always go with the
>>slightly
>>higher fee PayPal interface instead of a CC gateway.
>
> They hold back 30% too, I have a merchant account there.  I should
> have stayed "regular".
>
> My markup is 30%, I can't function without the cash-freed up.

I have never noticed a holdback, and I have a commercial PayPal account for
my business and a personal one for my fishing club.  It sometimes takes a
week for money to appear in my PayPal account when a bank account only user
makes a purchases, but that's it.  Otherwise I can transfer the balances to
my bank account as soon as they complete a purchase.  Takes about 3 days to
clear to my account.

I'm not saying they don't hold back your money, but I have never experienced
it.  I do have both CC and bank accounts attached to me commercial account.
That may make a difference.

I run a small fishing tackle webstore using my commercial PayPal account.
Purchase volume isn't super high, so maybe that's the difference.  I also
use that same account for buying and selling on Ebay.

How long are they holding back that 30%?  Seems to me if you can hold out
for about 3.5 times that time period once then you can get ahead of the
curve, as long as you aren't taking out 100% of your profits every month.

Also... some of your distributors may be able to help with terms.  Two of
mine in the alarm business extended my standard payment terms just from me
asking them.  Didn't even ask for a new credit application.