Re: We Need To Cancel Service

On Jan 21, 11:03=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Just Looking" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > There might be a service that the "out of town" guy offered that the
> > customer thought you didn't offer. Integration with a smart phone for
> > example. It might be worth a call to find out what it was. There is alw=
ays
> > one the drawer in amongst the file cabinets for cancelled accounts. It
> > pays to check through them from time to time and see if there is a tend
> > starting. Typically disconnects are for non payment. Some customers mov=
> > out of the service area, or go to retirement communities and then other=
> > go straight from the home to the bone yard. That is what makes up most
> > cancelled accounts. However if the cancellation is for a lack of a feat=
ure
> > set you offer then you're not a good fit for the customer's needs; and
> > that would be a good thing to know, not get upset about.
> > Nearly every company has a list of paying customers it would like to se=
> > in the cancelled account drawer, but if there is a customer you didn't
> > want to get rid of that got rid of you it would be worth the effort in =
my
> > opinion to know more.
>
> All good points. =A0Lost one a while back who said the new company offere=
> them "digital" monitoring. =A0I just shook my head and walked away.
>

> > "Bob La Londe" =A0wrote in messagenews:xpGRq.1332$lS6.49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
.

> > I just got one of those calls. =A0Ok. =A0Why?
>
> > They haven't had any problems. =A0Service has been good and quick. =A0T=
hey
> > "had"
> > a full perimeter wired system installed when the house was built. =A0On=
e of
> > those door knocker companies sold them a wireless system in its place, =
and
> > it went on-line yesterday.
>
> > WHY? =A0Why would the door knocker company even install a wireless syst=
em
> > when
> > there was a 100% functional wired system with full perimeter already
> > installed.
>
> > The customer has a service contract along with monitoring, and I have b=
een
> > out a few times, but its never been a problem with the alarm. =A0They h=
ave
> > had
> > sliding doors readjusted, and windows replaced. =A0Things like that. =
=A0I
> > never
> > charged them even though those types of things are specifically not
> > covered.
>
> > I guess good customer service is to be punished, or the door knockers h=
ad
> > really good salesman.
>
> > Atleast they called and told me, and agreed to send a signed written
> > notice
> [...]

RHC: "Digital monitoring"...?? Not sure what they mean by that, but
undoubtably it's all this recent hoopla regarding whole home
monitoring through your smartphone and the like. People simply
responding to the intense marketing campaign to sell this sort of
stuff I guess. Pretty hard to respond to this unless the client has
the very latest hardware, some of which has add on modules allowing
this capability.

This is going to increase over time....glamour over real
functionality, but that seems to be what a lot of people value. I've
lost no one to it yet, but I'm sure there are many who don't call for
a quote because of the general assumption that conventional companies
can't compete