Re: Advertising suggestions sought, or stratagies

You can offer everything for free and it doesn't mean a hoot in hell
if you can't get the information in front of the potential client.
The NDNC legislation along with Google's advertising monopoly and the
fucking locusts out of Provo Utah have created a stranglehold on
smaller dealers. What was once 2 doors and a motion for zero down has
now turned into 10 openings a motion 2 fobs and a smoke for zero down
thanks largely in part to the jagoff Monkeytronics dealers in
California and Arizona.
Right now there is very little that can be done to spark the interest
of Joe Homeowner other than pray ADT increases their TV spots tenfold
because their commercials get people thinking.
Hate them all you want but most of you feast off of the scraps of ADT.

And in response to Rodney's post allow me to say .......Rodney,
perhaps it's time for you to find a different line of work because you
have been asking this question since at least 1999. It's nice to see
you finally quit using ASA to keep in touch with your twin brother.
Congratulations on discovering the TELEPHONE!

On Oct 8, 4:25=A0pm, "Just Looking" <S...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you have more money or more time?
> I don't know about you, but when it comes to alarm work I don't need the
> practice, I need the money.
> I wouldn't offer free monitoring, I'd offer something different. How abou=
t a
> free alarm system check up. If another company has merged or gone out of
> business, that could be enough to make a customer start thinking about th=
eir
> alarm. If you offer a free system check up, it might be the connection th=
> customer wants to make to feel good about their system once again and wil=
> call you.
>
> "rodney brittain" <rnbrittai...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Hello to all.
>
> > I am a sole proprietor in Telluride Colorado. =A0There are three main
> > alarm companies locally situated here in Telluride Colorado. =A0Two of
> > my competitors have merged recently , the smaller of the two sold to
> > the larger, and I see this as an opportunity to take over some
> > accounts who won't be happy with this merger.
>
> > Any suggestions on how to market ( ad content) to those that might
> > make a change now that this is happenning?
> > I am the smaller of the three companies and would like to grow my
> > account base by 40 accounts this year .
> > I was thinking something along the lines of " Free alarm panel upgrade
> > for new clients" or =A0"Alarm services costing you to much? =A0Make the
> > change today and the first six months is on us."
>
> > These people are wealthy. So it's not so much about costs. =A0Any ideas=
? <