Re: Advertising suggestions sought, or stratagies

On Oct 3, 10:04=A0pm, rodney brittain <rnbrittai...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> I am a sole proprietor in Telluride Colorado. =A0There are three main
> alarm companies locally situated here in Telluride Colorado. =A0Two of
> my competitors have merged recently , the smaller of the two sold to
> the larger, and I see this as an opportunity to take over some
> accounts who won't be happy with this merger.
>
> Any suggestions on how to market ( ad content) to those that might
> make a change now that this is happenning?
> I am the smaller of the three companies and would like to grow my
> account base by 40 accounts this year .
> I was thinking something along the lines of " Free alarm panel upgrade
> for new clients" or =A0"Alarm services costing you to much? =A0Make the
> change today and the first six months is on us."
>
> These people are wealthy. So it's not so much about costs. =A0Any ideas?

I would suggest doing the following

1. Go to work for either of the two other companies then quit and
complain online how they are screwing customers, this usually attracts
new customers.

2. Create several fake online users which will frequent certain
security newsgroups and spend a lot of time praising you in hopes many
of these wealthy people who may be online will notice. If caught in
this deception blame friends, relatives and family using your
computer.

3. Create a website mentioning meaningless ways to reduce false alarms
and use it as a front to attract potentially unlicensed service
companies to do unauthorized work on other companies accounts. Use
fake happy customers to post praise on said website. These customers
should have common names such as Gladys and George.

5. Grab the domain of a security organization and direct incoming web
traffic to site outlined in step 2. Everyone knows wealthy people like
going to websites.

6. Come back in 5 or 6 years when you still haven't added those 40
extra accounts and ask yourself why you are a failure if you can't
figure this kind of stuff out on your own.