Re: Once Upon a Time Thread

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:a0d72aa7-7d56-4b64-abed-ab1c5365606f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 9, 12:24 pm, "doug" <vssd...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Oct 9, 9:54 am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 9, 1:05 am, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I considered the recent comment from Jim in another thread about
> > > starting a
> > > thread to see what interest there was here. I clicked on the New
> > > Message
> > > button and then just sat here at 12:49am in the morning and could not
> > > get my
> > > brain to come up with an interesting topic. So I started it with Once
> > > upon
> > > a time. Don't know where it is to go from here but it is
> > > something.........................
>
> > > So the thread(story) is started. It just needs lines added to make it
> > > complete. If those here or where ever are so inclined the please ad a
> > > line
> > > or two. Maybe it will make for good reading in a few weeks. Just keep
> > > bottom posting so that the story will be easily read.
>
> > > If you think this is a stupid waste of time then it will die.
> > > Otherwise
> > > it
> > > may grow a crowd.
>
> > > Try and leave it with a open ended line. I will add the first line. We
> > > all
> > > should clean up the ">'s" if we can.

Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town that

 Who was a strong independent type entrepreneur who came up with an
 great idea for a new type of alarm device.  But when the large alarm
conglomerates saw this, they realized it
 seriously threatened their revenue stream for monitoring services...So....

 They all lived happily ever after even though the end was near,
 but the independant alarm dealer decide to