Once Upon a Time Thread

I considered the recent comment from Jim in another thread about starting a
thread to see what interest there was here.  I clicked on the New Message
button and then just sat here at 12:49am in the morning and could not get my
brain to come up with an interesting topic.  So I started it with Once upon
a time.  Don't know where it is to go from here but it is

So the thread(story) is started.  It just needs lines added to make it
complete.  If those here or where ever are so inclined the please ad a line
or two.  Maybe it will make for good reading in a few weeks.  Just keep
bottom posting so that the story will be easily read.

If you think this is a stupid waste of time then it will die.  Otherwise it
may grow a crowd.

Try and leave it with a open ended line.  I will add the first line.  We all
should clean up the ">'s" if we can.

Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town that