Re: Advertising suggestions sought, or stratagies

On Oct 3, 11:04=A0pm, rodney brittain <rnbrittai...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> I am a sole proprietor in Telluride Colorado. =A0There are three main
> alarm companies locally situated here in Telluride Colorado. =A0Two of
> my competitors have merged recently , the smaller of the two sold to
> the larger, and I see this as an opportunity to take over some
> accounts who won't be happy with this merger.
>
> Any suggestions on how to market ( ad content) to those that might
> make a change now that this is happenning?
> I am the smaller of the three companies and would like to grow my
> account base by 40 accounts this year .
> I was thinking something along the lines of " Free alarm panel upgrade
> for new clients" or =A0"Alarm services costing you to much? =A0Make the
> change today and the first six months is on us."
>
> These people are wealthy. So it's not so much about costs. =A0Any ideas?

RHC: Sorry lad, but I don't think that dog will hunt !!

First off, how do you really know that these folks will be unhappy
with the merger. In my experience, people are only unhappy when they
get poor service from their existing company, or the rates have
continued to rise irritating the hell out of them. You can throw a lot
of money at a non-existant "market" and you will likely get little or
no response. Most people don't know who does the actually monitoring,
or simply don't care unless it fails to work properly. Your best bet
is to keep you money in your pocket and simply be prepared to quickly
handle anyone who does call.

Loads of companies are taken in by the self serving marketing gurus
who claim advertising is the route to success (maybe it is, but
usually only for them). Those large alarm companies who market
excessively have to do so to either sell their phoney "free systems"
or to replace their horrible attrition losses. Small guys don't have
to spend a penny if they run their business correctly !

Ad men are like lawyers; they "win" regardless of who loses....

My suggestion is to keep your money in your pocket and keep doing what
you do best