Re: Another Scum ADT salesman

On Jul 1, 9:58=A0pm, Spellcheck Patrol <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 8:13=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > How about we start cracking down on nitwit consumers that don't read
> > > things BEFORE they sign them?
> > > Is there ever a case where those that claim ignorance of a contracts
> > > terms are in the wrong?
> > > What if the customer was lying, Nick? Should someone crack down on
> > > her?
> > > Oh I forgot, customers never lie so we should rush to judge the alarm
> > > company.
> > > So from now on whenever someone posts a complaint about a customer we
> > > can just accuse the poster of being full of shit and scamming that
> > > customer.
>
> > Unfortunately having been in this business for 30+ years and seeing
> > all the scum tricks i have seen in this industry including people
> > going around saying im dead etc. yea i believe the consumer on this
> > one. I am sick of the scum in out industry who will say and do
> > anything to sell a system. and I have heard there pitches when at
> > friend and parents and they come around with there horse shit. <
>
> Nick I have also seen you post complaints about customers so if they
> posted their side of the story should we believe them right off the
> bat and discount your version because you sold it to them?
> You know I've about had my fill of the summer program scumbags, and
> the mass marketers that a certain companies allow to be authorized
> dealers, but there gets to be a point where some of you guys just come
> across as constant whiners because you can't compete.
> There's more than enough valid reasons to have disdain for these mass
> marketing locusts, such as the Monkey dealers using telemarketing
> firms that tell the customer they are working in conjunction with
> Chase bank, or the ones that forge signatures, or the ones installing
> door locks without locksmith licenses, but there's really no excuse to
> get on the soap box each time some dingbat claims they were told
> apples and the contract said oranges.
>
> IMHO 99 times out of 100 the customer is full of shit when it comes to
> not knowing the terms of the contract.
> In this economy you'd have an easier time getting Jesus to do jumping
> jacks in Leno than you would getting a dime out of a customer without
> them brow beating you on everything involved so they need to stop
> feigning ignorance and just honor their agreement.

The one thing I do is sit with the customer and explain the contract
because it is so long I explain what its intent is and what there
rights are and what they are not and they are giving up.
When it is explained to them why it is this way most do not have a
problem knowing it is only going out over a easily defeated phone line
etc. I never sell them on the fact i can  stop something from
happening  only deter  a problem from happening.
or slow them down and why they should have proper insurance in place.
Its the same deal with cameras they are there to be a witness and
possible deterrent  not a crime preventer. and may not catch all
moments.
I have found this to be a valuable thing to do so that a customer
knows what they are getting and what the system can and can not do. I
am getting to the point I do more Commercial fire or combos than
straight burg systems any more.
last 8 installs 1 was a combo 1 straight burg and rest fire only.

I have been talking with a local Fire Marshal  over a fatal fire where
a home system did not come on and there are plenty of lawyers
involved  and I showed him the contracts typically used and the
exculpatory clauses etc. and after he read the whole thing he was
pretty amazed by it  and said it will be interesting how this incident
will play out.