> On Jun 29, 12:29=A0pm, "vssdoug" <vssd...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > "Frank Kurz" <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > At least he won't have to worry about spelling. =A0:-)
>
> > I'm not really sure that Pete was ever worried about spelling.
>
> > Doug
>
> They have not used Morse code in =A0the oceans for many years now =A0its
> basically dead.. Ham Radio still requires a test unlike CB and you
> would be surprised how many can not even pass novice level.
> That said it did not help that the shit shack and other sold ham
> radios to those with no ham license. but One thing Ham radio polices
> it self so you do not have the wild west that CB is. which it self is
> pretty dead except for truckers construction sites and in country
> where its the hill billy cell phone.

RHC: CB radio is also useful on high end touring motorcycles that
often have them as an option. When touring on my motorcycle, my CB is
always on, and it does provide some measure of warning about traffic
slowdowns, accidents, and police speed traps. Also riding in large
groups, those with a CB can both lead the parade and also ride shotgun
at the end to organize things. Truckers seem to have no problem
talking to bikers when in the same situation ,they would ignore a car
so equipped and I've had some interesting conversations at
times....relieves the boredom on those long interstate drones..

A toy...yes....but it can be useful