On Jul 1, 8:20=A0pm, Fritz Wuehler
<fr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <22b5ad4d-54bf-4db2-8315-
> 33946b4dd...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Spellcheck Patrol <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 1, 8:34 am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >http://consumerist.com/2011/06/dont-let-a-salesperson-tell-you-what-t.=
..

> > > ADT needs to crack down on these rouge salesman period for the good o=
> > > the industry as well as APX and others. <
>
> > How about we start cracking down on nitwit consumers that don't read
> > things BEFORE they sign them?
> > Is there ever a case where those that claim ignorance of a contracts
> > terms are in the wrong?
> > What if the customer was lying, Nick? Should someone crack down on
> > her?
> > Oh I forgot, customers never lie so we should rush to judge the alarm
> > company.
> > So from now on whenever someone posts a complaint about a customer we
> > can just accuse the poster of being full of shit and scamming that
> > customer.
>
> Not all, but a goodly percentage of you installers are
> little more than cheating, lying swine, who barely know what
> they are doing.<

And you are basing this on your vast experience with electronic
security installers?

> Of course, a consumer is going to read all your pages of
> fine print on the spot - are you kidding? =A0You don't give them the
> contract until you are ramming it down their throat at sale
> time. <

That's a crock of shit. They have 3 days to cancel the transaction
AFTER signing, and if they sign something without reading the terms
then they are fools.

> Too many of you are fly-by-night huckster crooks.<

Yes shame on fly-by-nighters, they should be flogged, and shame on
anyone that signs a contract without investigating the company. If
these nitwits can use the net to file a complaint then why couldn't
they use it to check the company out before signing? Why do most of
these complaints come after someone loses their job?
"oh but I asked the salesman what would happen if we lost our jobs and
he said we could cancel at any time"
Why is it these complainers NEVER have anything in writing? Are they
all that stupid? Nobody has enough sense to ask for that in writing?
Why is it that they always call the alarm company to cancel when they
are past due on their account and/or in collections? The story
referenced above has the lady calling a week prior.
What happened between the time she signed the contract and the day she
called? Did she think about reading that contract? Of course not
because the salesman said blah blah blah.
It's always easier to point the finger of blame at the salesman but
that story is stale.
At some point the end user needs to be an adult and take
responsibility for their actions.