Re: Opinion - KnightWatch Security - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

responding to
http://www.secure-gear.com/security-physical/Opinion-KnightWatch-Security-Toronto-Ontario-Canada-58687-.htm
allanc446 wrote:

tourman wrote:

> On Jan 24, 12:53=A0am, allan.register_at_gmail_dot_...@xxxxxxx
> (allanc446) wrote:
>> responding
>> tohttp://www.secure-gear.com/security-physical/Opinion-KnightW=
> atch-Secu...
>>

>> allanc446 wrote:
>> tourman wrote:
>> > On Jan 23, 7:57=3DA0pm,
>>> allan.register_at_gmail_dot_...@xxxxxxx

>> > c.

>> > RHC: According to their website, they are a Brinks dealer
>>> which would
>> > personally put me instantly on guard.
>> > Check their rating at the BBB (which might not tell you
>>> anything
>> > really unless they have a lot of unanswered complaints). Other
>>> than
>> > that, watch out for the usual "hooks"....ie: phoney
>>> free
>> > systems,
>> > overpriced long term contracts, auto renewal contracts for
>>> long
>> > periods etc. Check out EXACTLY what they include in their
>>> service, and
>> > EXACTLY what their warranty covers and doesn't cover (these
>>> are often
>> > forgotten things that can jump up later to bite you in the
>>> butt)
>> > Other dealers I've talked to tell me Toronto is a hotbed of
>>> cutthroat
>> > competition with a significant number of unscrupulous
>>> companies
>> > around. So as always, buyer beware
>> > If you have some time to read, go here....www.homemetal.com
>>
>> Well, I could not find Knightwatch on the Better Business Bureau
>> site.
>>
>> I am not very familiar with this industry so I have to ask what is
>> 'wrong=
> '
>> with being associated with Brinks?
>>
>> Also, you do not install/service Toronto do you.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> -------------------------------------
>> =A0Regards,
>>
>> Allan C

> RHC: Allan, no I do not service or install outside the immediate
> Ottawa area since my "total service concept" would be
> impossible to
> administer.

> I do not know anything about this specific company so I can only offer
> generalities. Brinks is one of a number of large mass marketers,  all
> of whom usually offer only the minimal system to capture an overpriced
> long term contract. Or if they offer you a full service installation,
> it comes at a huge price differential over that of an independant
> company. Any time you deal with companies like this, you must be
> careful since it's pretty much a given that you will not get the all
> that you might get when dealing with a GOOD small to medium sized
> independant. It definately pays to shop around in this industry since
> it is VERY much "buyer beware". In my obviously biased
> opinion, ALL of
> [...]

-------------------------------------
 Regards,

Allan C

Hello again.
Yes, I have read some of your pages and found your site to be very
informative.
To be honest, I have 4 personal referrals ... 3 for AlarmForce (I am
fairly certain that I am not going in that direction and 1 for Knighwatch.
A quick search at canada411 for 'alarm systems residential' displays at
least 5 pages of companies.
There has to be a way to narrow this down to some sort of 'short list'.
Do you know of a WEB site that I could visit that help me in determining
who to call for quotations?
Feel free to Email me if that type of information should not be posted
here.

Thank you in advance.