Re: Opinion - KnightWatch Security - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

On Jan 24, 12:53=A0am, allan.register_at_gmail_dot_...@xxxxxxx
(allanc446) wrote:
> responding tohttp://www.secure-gear.com/security-physical/Opinion-KnightW=
atch-Secu...

> allanc446 wrote:
> tourman wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 7:57=3DA0pm, allan.register_at_gmail_dot_...@xxxxxxx
> > (allanc446) wrote:
> >> I would appreciate any comments on KnightWatch Security of Toronto,
> >> Ontario, Canada.
>
> >> I am inquirying about hardware, installation, service level, etc,
> >> etc, et=3D
> > c.
>
> >> Thank you in advance.
> >> -------------------------------------
> >> =3DA0Regards,
>
> >> Allan C
> > RHC: According to their website, they are a Brinks dealer which would
> > personally put me instantly on guard.
> > Check their rating at the BBB (which might not tell you anything
> > really unless they have a lot of unanswered complaints). Other than
> > that, watch out for the usual "hooks"....ie: phoney free
> > systems,
> > overpriced long term contracts, auto renewal contracts for long
> > periods etc. Check out EXACTLY what they include in their service, and
> > EXACTLY what their warranty covers and doesn't cover (these are often
> > forgotten things that can jump up later to bite you in the butt)
> > Other dealers I've talked to tell me Toronto is a hotbed of cutthroat
> > competition with a significant number of unscrupulous companies
> > around. So as always, buyer beware
> > If you have some time to read, go here....www.homemetal.com
>
> Well, I could not find Knightwatch on the Better Business Bureau site.
>
> I am not very familiar with this industry so I have to ask what is 'wrong=
'
> with being associated with Brinks?
>
> Also, you do not install/service Toronto do you.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -------------------------------------
> =A0Regards,
>
> Allan C

RHC: Allan, no I do not service or install outside the immediate
Ottawa area since my "total service concept" would be impossible to
administer.

I do not know anything about this specific company so I can only offer
generalities. Brinks is one of a number of large mass marketers,  all
of whom usually offer only the minimal system to capture an overpriced
long term contract. Or if they offer you a full service installation,
it comes at a huge price differential over that of an independant
company. Any time you deal with companies like this, you must be
careful since it's pretty much a given that you will not get the all
that you might get when dealing with a GOOD small to medium sized
independant. It definately pays to shop around in this industry since
it is VERY much "buyer beware". In my obviously biased opinion, ALL of
the larger firms can't possibly offer you the best deals since they
have huge overheads to cover and can't offer you a more personalized
level of service due simply to their size. On the other hand, small
companies come and go in this business, so you have to be just as
careful dealing in this arena too, although it's no where near as bad
as the ADT's of the world would have you believe.

If you care to poke around my site, there are all sorts of pages
covering these cautionary points and others. As well, when you get
your three quotes, feel free to call me (numbers on my website) to
discuss them in comparison.

Best of luck in your shopping

www.homemetal.com