Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 17, 2:38=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would seem to me that anyone wanting to break into a home just might
> look at a "low crime" area as a place where few people have alarm
> systems ...... or that a lot of people have alarm system.
>
> The thing to keep in mind is ..... anyone who has the mentality to
> think that breaking into homes is ok, is not likely to have the
> mentality to evaluate where the crime rate is high or low. If it looks
> easy and the conditions are right ..... they do it. Ya just never
> know ..... Security systems are like insurance. You have it just in
> case you need it hoping that you never need it. If you don't have a
> security system when the time comes .... you regret it for the
> relatively small cost as compared to the loss you suffer...
> particularly the sentimental items and the "invasion of privacy"
> issues that no one ever can appriciate until it happens to them.
> Statistically, people with alarm system suffer a lower dollar amount
> of loss then those who don't have systems. The other probably more
> important reason is the fire alarm.
>
> There's got to be something to it if the insurance companys give a
> discount for having an alarm system. Many times the discount almost
> equals the cost of the central station monitoring fee. You never know
> if you're going to be one of those "statistics"

Life's a gamble.

We do get a few break-ins in our area.  Usually, they pick soft
targets:  people who leave their car unlocked with the garage
door opener inside.  People who leave their garage door open.

Oddly, they seem to pick the newer subdivisions, and leave
our older neighborhood of one- and two-acre lots alone.

Actually, we did have our shed broken into once.  They
got our old, non-CAFE* gas can.  The bastards!  We were
able to replace the rototiller just fine, but not that
gas can.

*Is that the right acronym?  California Air Something
Something.  Pisses me off that the whole country
has to dance to their tune.

Cindy Hamilton