Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 12, 11:22=A0pm, Smitty Two <prestwh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article
> <e44ecd7c-97da-4094-9b03-a80076a6c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> =A0Evan <evan.news.re...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > All I claimed was that such things would not be
> > required if
> > there was not a trend of accidents...
>
> Bzzt. Incorrect. GFCIs became law for one reason: Someone who stood to
> make tens of millions of dollars selling them lobbied for the law. There
> is no trend of accidents.

I have seen GFCI prevent many accidents over the years but I have also
seen them bypassed as well.
where back to the people who get zapped are the ones using frayed
extension cords or cords with grounds cut off and plugged in back
wards etc etc.
Every time you read an electrocution report in any of the trade
magazines the individual has done something to cause the accident.
latest article was on a farm where pressure washer was totally
corroded safety shields off and  no ground and gfci bypassed wonder
why some one died.