Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 12, 6:42=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 12, 11:55=A0am, jamesgangnc <jamesgan...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 12, 12:51=A0pm, "Ed Pawlowski" <e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > ?
> > > "nick markowitz" <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote

> > > Once it became a blaze though, it could save others if the smoke has =
not
> > > already gotten to them.
> > > Smoke detectors are far more important than sprinklers to warn people=
.

> > > Some 20 =A0years ago I saw a water valve that replaced the one on the=
 feed
> > > line to your boiler. =A0In the case of a fire from the boiler, it wou=
ld
> > > activate as a sprinkler. =A0The idea was that many fires start at res=
idential
> > > heaters so this would take care of one common source. =A0 I never saw=
 it in
> > > production though.
>
> > A compromise might be to have sprinklers at fireplaces, kitchens,
> > laundry rooms and gas heat/hw. =A0Dryers are common fire starter. =A0Li=
nt
> > plus hot is bad.
>
> I'd go even farther and outlaw electricity to the house, someone here
> once said "If it saves ONE life it's worth it" so......

Tell you what I have apartment buildings I take care of which are all
concrete design and they have had fires which never where more than a
room or contents. That's the way to build if you want to keep fire
from spreading.
My 45 year old house has real concrete block walls in garage and real
plaster with steel mesh not dry wall like you have today. If we did
not build shit paper houses we would not need sprinklers mandated.