Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

?
"Shaun Eli" <missingchild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote .>
> It's a pretty small cost to add sprinklers to new construction. Fires
> are rare but they're expensive as hell. And you can rebuild a house;
> you can't rebuild a burned-to-death person.

I'd like to see if they really save lives.  How many people are killed by
smoke inhalation before a sprinkler would activate?  I'm thinking of a
smoldering sofa or mattress that can kill you long before a flame gets hot
enough to set off a sprinkler head.   In the case of a heater fires, it may
make a difference as the fire is in another area of the house.

As for property damage, it does save fire damage, but can replace it with
water damage.

I'm not for or against, I just want to see more facts before deciding.