Re: Help with adding two window sensors to ADT alarm.

On 30/10/2010 4:45 PM, Jim wrote:

>> On 29/10/2010 8:38 AM, Jim wrote:

>>> And, you'll tell him how to do it  ..... because  ......... ?
>>
>> Because my instructions came with a proviso, which he may not see if
>> he's searching for an online answer (or even if he searches this Group).
>>    I don't like to do it, Jim, but anyone that's determined enough to
>> ignore the warnings and does it anyway deserves what he gets.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Kurz
>
> It would seem to me that rather than be party to the event, it would
> be preferable to not give him the means to do it in the first place.
> If he wants to do it let him figure out how on his own.
>
> That brings to mind a very old simple story about the guy who finds
> his friend hiding in a closet during a lightning storm. He says to his
> friend, don't you know if lightning is going to strike you that
> there's no way you can stop it? His friend says well if it's going to
> strike me ..... let it look for me.
>
> Let the guy look for his own means to destruction, rather than
> providing it.

Very wise.  But in times like this (where the answer to most peoples
questions are readily available "online"), wouldn't it be nice if
someone took the time to actually list the "riot act" along with the
appropriate answer?  It seems to me that the Internet is "clogged" with
"easy fixes".  You simply enter a few simple search terms and "voila!".
  Hopefully when push comes to shove, the next individual looking for a
"quick fix" to his home security system problem will actually stumble on
this thread.  Call me "naive" if you want, but I was thinking about the
OP having enough intelligence to recognize he was in "over his head".

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net