Re: Help with adding two window sensors to ADT alarm.

On Oct 30, 6:05=A0pm, Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29/10/2010 8:38 AM, Jim wrote:

 Vista

> >> I agree with you Mark. =A0A search of this group will reveal many
> >> instances where individuals have provided the information necessary to
> >> access installer level programming on a number of different setups (he=
ck
> >> you can even find the manuals online). =A0I thought it important to
> >> mention the importance of doing it right and having the right tools. =
=A0A
> >> number of other respondents (including yourself) have provided
> >> sufficient warning for any end-user to think twice before attempting t=
> >> make an alteration to a system that is under contract.
>
> >> --
> >> Frank Kurz
>
> > And, you'll tell him how to do it =A0..... because =A0......... ?
>
> Because my instructions came with a proviso, which he may not see if
> he's searching for an online answer (or even if he searches this Group).
> =A0 I don't like to do it, Jim, but anyone that's determined enough to
> ignore the warnings and does it anyway deserves what he gets.
>
> --
> Frank Kurz

It would seem to me that rather than be party to the event, it would
be preferable to not give him the means to do it in the first place.
If he wants to do it let him figure out how on his own.

That brings to mind a very old simple story about the guy who finds
his friend hiding in a closet during a lightning storm. He says to his
friend, don't you know if lightning is going to strike you that
there's no way you can stop it? His friend says well if it's going to
strike me ..... let it look for me.

Let the guy look for his own means to destruction, rather than
providing it.