Re: Help with adding two window sensors to ADT alarm.

On 29/10/2010 8:38 AM, Jim wrote:

>>> Its not a very good idea to tell someone how to get into programming
>>> without knowing if the guy has the proper keypad or not, do you
>>> honestly think he's going to know what an alpha keypad is? Now it's
>>> likely he'll put it in programming anyway thanks to you and not have a
>>> clue how to get out
>>
>>> I've seen this crap happen before, someone with no experience totally
>>> hoses their system and will they admit it? of course not then it's
>>> ADT's fault and of course everyone here piles on
>>
>> I agree with you Mark.  A search of this group will reveal many
>> instances where individuals have provided the information necessary to
>> access installer level programming on a number of different setups (heck
>> you can even find the manuals online).  I thought it important to
>> mention the importance of doing it right and having the right tools.  A
>> number of other respondents (including yourself) have provided
>> sufficient warning for any end-user to think twice before attempting to
>> make an alteration to a system that is under contract.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Kurz
>
> And, you'll tell him how to do it  ..... because  ......... ?

Because my instructions came with a proviso, which he may not see if
he's searching for an online answer (or even if he searches this Group).
  I don't like to do it, Jim, but anyone that's determined enough to
ignore the warnings and does it anyway deserves what he gets.

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net