Re: OT: Telus is dropping their news server.

mleuck wrote:
> On Oct 25, 10:53 pm, Jim<alarmi...@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> On Oct 25, 8:58 pm, Frank Kurz<t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>

>>> The wife has used Word Perfect since the 5.1 and DOS days.  I just
>>> loaded WP X-4 on her new computer.  She's not having any problems
>>> opening the older files.  Quattro Pro and Presentations are both far
>>> superior to Excel and Powerpoint.
>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Kurz
>>
>> Back in the DOS days it used to be called something else but I forget
>> what it was.
>
> You may be thinking of WordStar which was made by an entirely
> different company, they dropped the ball which allowed Word Perfect to
> thrive which then dropped the ball and allowed Word to move in.

I used WordPerect for many years. I find MS Office has more of what I
need and work just fine.

I still use ACT! For Windows by Symantec. I have gone from one upgrade
to another over the years. 10,000+ contacts.

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com
8002 Cornwall Lane