Re: Napco MA2600

Jim wrote:
> On Sep 21, 7:17 pm, Jim Rojas<jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Jim wrote:

>>> Only have 2600's installed and a couple of 2000 keypads I bought for
>>> replacements.
>>
>> I have 2 here with installer codes wiped clean, and the master security
>> code sticker removed. I can locate it in the vast about of firmware
>> data, but its nice to know where to starting looking. All these digits
>> all look alike after awhile.
>>
> It seems to me that I remember that I did a local download on a 2600 a
> long time ago. If I did and still have it in my lap top is there
> anything that I can try and locate for you there?
>
> If so, I'll take a look for you.

I finally figured it out. The only way to retrieve the Master Security
Code is to locate it in the firmware chip. So I waited until I located a
board with a known code. This basically shows me where its stored in the
firmware for future locked out panels.

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com