Re: New alarm licensing for Province of Quebec

On Oct 20, 6:48=A0am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Licensing really proves nothing. unless there is actual hands on
> certification etc. any one can pass a test.

As silly as it sounds it does prove something, 20 years ago I attended
an electronics school (the one Sally Struthers used to advertise for).
Very simple 2-year course that 95% of the people I started with didn't
finish, most dropped out after 2 or 3 months. Prospective employers
looked more at the fact you attended AND finished the course more than
what you learned.

Attending a class and taking a test for a license may not amount to a
lot but I'd rather have that person in my house than someone who
couldn't bother taking the time