Re: New alarm licensing for Province of Quebec

On Oct 20, 12:35=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 8:30=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Well, it seems the restrictive Quebec unions are finally getting their
> > way. Effective next year, any company installing alarms in Quebec will
> > need a provincial license, which costs $1400 annually for the company,
> > plus $102 for each installer working to install. It will also involve
> > a criminal background for all employees of the company. Fines for
> > companies caught operating without a license will be in the region of
> > $5000 an offence !!
>
> > A recent publication distributed to all wholesalers describes it as a
> > government attempt to move alarm installation from the domain of a
> > trade to that of a more professional level of activity. The real truth
> > is it's an attempt to cozy up to Quebec unions who are notorious for
> > their wish to keep Ontario companies out of fair competition in
> > Quebec, and of course, it's another tax on on the small and big
> > businesses working there (and which will work it's way down to the end
> > price paid by the consumer). It also reflects the fact that there are
> > a lot of scumbags in the business there (as well as in the
> > locksmithing trade). But regardless of the worth of background checks,
> > this is a clear case of killing a fly with a shotgun !!!
>
> > Frankly, I'm so damn tired of Quebec and all their special privileges
> > within Canada, along with their rightly earned place of being the most
> > corrupt province in Canada !! I have dozens of customers across the
> > river from Ottawa in Quebec, and I can tell you I won't stop servicing
> > these accounts because of this bullshit !!
>
> I can under stand that if business were left entirely unsupervised it
> puts the consumer at risk, so "some" regulation is necessary, But,for
> some reason, the bureaucrats can never figure out the point that
> resonsble supervision ends and restrictive control begins and from
> that point on, the more restrictions they put on business the more
> corruption that occurs.

Licensing really proves nothing. unless there is actual hands on
certification etc. any one can pass a test.
It proves out all the time around here i see supposed UL certificated
burg jobs that by no means should be certificated.
same with fire alarms most would not pass a complete inspection yet
the ones who call for license and permits etc are usually the biggest
offenders.