Re: New alarm licensing for Province of Quebec

On Oct 21, 12:58=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 20, 6:48=A0am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Licensing really proves nothing. unless there is actual hands on
> > certification etc. any one can pass a test.
>
> As silly as it sounds it does prove something, 20 years ago I attended
> an electronics school (the one Sally Struthers used to advertise for).
> Very simple 2-year course that 95% of the people I started with didn't
> finish, most dropped out after 2 or 3 months. Prospective employers
> looked more at the fact you attended AND finished the course more than
> what you learned.
>
> Attending a class and taking a test for a license may not amount to a
> lot but I'd rather have that person in my house than someone who
> couldn't bother taking the time

RHC: Yeah, licensing can be a good thing if it serves only that
purpose and doesn't get so elaborate and expensive that it acts as a
deterrent. I would have no problem with licensing here in Ontario but
not at the rates asked in Quebec. If as Petem says, CANASA was part of
this fiasco, then I was right years ago not to trust them, and they
obviously are only serving the interests of the large alarm
conglomerates (as I also suspected then and it seems to be proving
true now)