Re: Alarm Farce...

On May 18, 10:15=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > RHC: That's not the issue here at all.
>
> > > It's about selling security services that are poor quality, at
> > > inflated prices, being sold to gullible people looking for something
> > > for nothing. Its about unsupervised wireless, sketchy coverage and
> > > poor to non existent service.
>
> > then it should be a simple answer, tell me instances where the system
> > didn't work or the customer was unprotected?
>
> > I installed tons of 3 doors and a motion DSC 1550's, I imagine many
> > here wouldn't consider that much of a system but I never felt the
> > customer was unprotected
>
> Hey Robert,
> with answer like that, I think that no response is your best response.

RHC: No, my point was, we all know that once an alarm is in place,
good bad or indifferent, the chances of a real alarm drops
significantly. The two door and one motion alarms, although of poor
coverage, will work in a large percentage of the cases to do as much
as any alarm does to "catch" the burglar. However, these simple
systems are generally of decent technical quality and installation
although extremely limited in coverage. The Alarm Force stuff is not
professional quality equipment, and is clearly a rip off by selling
consumers more of a dream than a reality, leaving them vulnerable
through a false sense of security.

Does it work ? ..who knows ! In my case with a1000 alarms in place, I
have had 5 real alarms over a 15 year period, and the systems worked
as they should.  If I had installed a system like AlarmForce's
unsupervised junk, I would be constantly wondering whether the doors
and motions are continuing to work when really needed; I would wonder
how the monitoring operator would respond since no burglar is ever
going to answer a tinny call at the front door; I would be wondering
how the system would stop a burglar at the back of the house coming in
through a basement window and cleaning out my office etc.

If you buy a product, you have a right to expect it to work as
advertised; if you buy junk, there is far less of a chance of that
happening. Whether it works or not is a non issue. Fleecing
unsuspecting consumers is the issue here (besides giving the alarm
industry another black eye....)

No response would leave the thread going in the wrong direction