Re: Universal Healthcare Passes

On Mar 23, 2:16=EF=BF=BDpm, Spellcheck Patrol <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2:01=EF=BF=BDpm, "petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> a =EF=BF=BDcrit dans le message de groupe =
de discussion
> > : f75f9398-e1c3-4fac-9385-ccf800172...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > > No it's because the natural function of any form of government is to
> > > grow and expand powers. I guess you can blame the public but until
> > > recently they didn't get much of a view on how government works
>
> > Excuse... if you don't do what you are supposed to do, you are responsi=
ble..

> > For the people by the people.. is this bull shit? <
>
> Yes it's bullshit! The people became sheep, and they are being
> directed to the slaughterhouse.
> We are now a nation of lazy, ignorant, cowardly, selfish, greedy
> people rather than a nation of hardworking, honest, brave, loyal,
> just, thoughtful, and considerate people.
> We are now France.-

Upon seeing the two nominees resulting from the presidential
noinations my thoughts were: Is this the best that this (previously)
great nation can come up with?

Then I thought: With the terrible reputation that polititians have and
constant demonstrations of their lack of morality, there's not anyone
who has any proper morals, honesty and integrity who would want to
sell themselves by having to pay back the favor of being elected.

I think the good people you describe are still out there, it's just
that it's the turning point of Amercia. The people with their hands
out, wanting everything for nothing, have finally outnumbered the
others.

I've said it before but it bears repeating. I think Ayn Rand was more
a prophet than a philosopher. All the John Gaults are beginning to
hide and let the " Do Nothings" and their phoney leaders destroy
themsleves.

Unfortunately, unlike her fiction, the good guys will go down the
tubes too.