Re: Universal Healthcare Passes

On Mar 22, 8:43=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 1:30=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 21, 10:17=A0pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > It may be the most advanced in some respects, but what good does that=
 do for
> > > the American who is unable to secure affordable healthcare due to a
> > > pre-existing condition, or has a policy cap that prevents him or her
> > > receiving the most advanced health care in the world.
>
> > > Me?, I'd rather settle for a health care service that provides reason=
able
> > > healthcare to all, with the burden spread across the entire tax base,=
 rather
> > > than a system that provides the most advanced health care in the worl=
d to
> > > some, but leaves many with either none or inadequate healthcare.
>
> > > Doug
>
> > The biggest problem is it's not sustainable just like every other
> > government program
>
> RHC: It is sustainable; however, it is also expensive. Our provincial
> governments are always bickering with the Federal government over
> payments in every budget. Also, remember out tax rate is MUCH higher
> than yours in the US. So I am paying for it, no question. It's just
> that we have decided on a different pay structure than the private
> system uses.

1. If the current burn on our Social Security is unsustainable a much
more massive health care plan like that passed yesterday won't be
either.

2. Some people around here seem to think this will all reduce costs,
can't imagine why they get that idea

3. It is impossible to take your countries health care plan and
upscale it to the US

We've already seen people from Canada come here for medical procedures
they either couldn't get up there or had to wait long periods of time

> This is a complicated subject and I hesitate to jump in to the US
> arguments any deeper.

Feel free, at least your rational :)