Re: Paypal has been hacked

"mleuck" wrote:

>> I hope it was not (tongue in cheek). I'm not a liberal or
>> conservative, Democrat nor Republican, but everything
>> in the about quote I completely agree with.
>
> I find it interesting that many of the largest and supposedly
> greedy corporations such as Google, Microsoft, Berkshire
> Hathaway are headed by lefties. And as we've seen so far
> the "regulation" always ends up being a government
> takeover

Interesting that you choose as examples companies that have
nothing to do with any of the major issues confronting the
nation.  Is there some reason you don't mention United
Healthcare, Blue Cross, etc?

> Bush can't control the economy, neither can Obama because
> no president can and changing the healthcare system into
> another massive government program doesn't sound like an
> improvement to me...

That argument is based on a fallacy.  No one is trying to change
the healthcare system into a "massive government program."
We are trying to regulate an industry that is wrecking the lives
of American citizens while destroying the economy.  We are
offering *an option*, for those who may choose if of their own
volition, to compete with what the ravenous insurance companies
offer.  We are trying to make insurance available and affordable
to people with pre-existing conditions and to those who get laid
off or whose employers are unable to help them.

> especially since Social Security, Welfare, Medicare and the
> Post Office are essentially bankrupt.

Really?  Yet if you ask anyone who uses the Post Office if they
would prefer we shut it down and switch to FedEx or UPS,
they'll ask if you're nuts as they walk in and plunk their package
down on the counter.

Welfare is indeed in need of fixing.  We probably agree on more
about the problems of the welfare system than not.

Medicare?  Ask anyone receiving it if they would like it stopped.
The answer is universal -- no way.  There are holes in it that need
plugging and there is a lot of fraud.  So fix it.  Go after crooked
doctors and anyone else who abuses it.  Use the money saved to
help pay for the things we need to do.

> You and Bass are fools

That was not necessary. We disagree but both of us are being
polite to you.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass