Re: Paypal has been hacked

On Mar 17, 2:00=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <rob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "mleuck" wrote:
>
> >> I hope it was not (tongue in cheek). I'm not a liberal or
> >> conservative, Democrat nor Republican, but everything
> >> in the about quote I completely agree with.
>
> > I find it interesting that many of the largest and supposedly
> > greedy corporations such as Google, Microsoft, Berkshire
> > Hathaway are headed by lefties. And as we've seen so far
> > the "regulation" always ends up being a government
> > takeover
>
> Interesting that you choose as examples companies that have
> nothing to do with any of the major issues confronting the
> nation. =A0Is there some reason you don't mention United
> Healthcare, Blue Cross, etc?
>
> > Bush can't control the economy, neither can Obama because
> > no president can and changing the healthcare system into
> > another massive government program doesn't sound like an
> > improvement to me...
>
> That argument is based on a fallacy. =A0No one is trying to change
> the healthcare system into a "massive government program." =A0

Really? The current Senate bill supposedly being voted on says
different

> We are trying to regulate an industry that is wrecking the lives
> of American citizens while destroying the economy. =A0We are
> offering *an option*, for those who may choose if of their own
> volition, to compete with what the ravenous insurance companies
> offer. =A0

We?

It's not health care thats destroying the system, Take a poll on
people who are happy with their coverage, I'm one of them. And if you
had read the Senate bill you'd know that "Option" becomes mandatory
when you change jobs later.

> We are trying to make insurance available and affordable
> to people with pre-existing conditions and to those who get laid
> off or whose employers are unable to help them.

We?

And when has government intervention resulted in anything being more
affordable and easily available?

> especially since Social Security, Welfare, Medicare and the
> > Post Office are essentially bankrupt.
>
> Really? =A0Yet if you ask anyone who uses the Post Office if they
> would prefer we shut it down and switch to FedEx or UPS,
> they'll ask if you're nuts as they walk in and plunk their package
> down on the counter.

Apparently that isn't the case since last year the Post Office lost
almost 5 billion dollars. And very soon have those same people plunk
their package down on the counter at any Post Office on Saturday and
see what happens. I used to work for UPS, you'll never find any
company more efficient, government can never compete with the private
sector, they can only hinder and destroy it

> Welfare is indeed in need of fixing.

Yet they aren't are they?

> Medicare? =A0Ask anyone receiving it if they would like it stopped.
> The answer is universal -- no way. =A0There are holes in it that need
> plugging and there is a lot of fraud. =A0So fix it.

Yet they aren't are they? When you give people something for nothing
I'm sure they will say no way

>=A0Go after crooked
> doctors and anyone else who abuses it. =A0Use the money saved to
> help pay for the things we need to do.

Soon people will be saying that about Obamacare if it passes, then
again it will likely be several years later and like Medicare too late
to be able to fix it

> > You and Bass are fools
>
> That was not necessary. We disagree but both of us are being
> polite to you.

Truth sometimes hurts