Re: Paypal has been hacked

mleuck wrote:
> On Mar 16, 10:56 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Rockytsquirrel" <g...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Bob,  I hope your saying all that with tongue-in-cheek..
>> If you mean:
>>
>> "Regardless whether MSNBC succeeds or fails, the important
>> things right now are to fix the American healthcare system,
>> undo the terrible damage that Bush did to the economy,
>> regulate the reckless, greedy corporations that are ravaging
>> our nation with the blessing of right-wing politicians"
>>
>> I hope it was not (tongue in cheek).  I'm not a liberal or conservative,
>> Democrat nor Republican, but everything in the about quote I completely agree
>> with.
>
> I find it interesting that many of the largest and supposedly greedy
> corporations such as Google, Microsoft, Berkshire Hathaway are headed
> by lefties. And as we've seen so far the "regulation" always ends up
> being a government takeover
>
> Bush can't control the economy, neither can Obama because no president
> can and changing the healthcare system into another massive government
> program doesn't sound like an improvement to me, especially since
> Social Security, Welfare, Medicare and the Post Office are essentially
> bankrupt. You and Bass are fools

I agree that the health care reform currently being rammed down our
throats is crap.

But politicians DO impact if not directly control the economy.  It is
both the executive AND legislative branches that do so, either by tax
policies, government mandates or just by being such complete asshats
that consumer confidence is driven down.

And the blessing of big business is not a monopoly held by either party
- they both know where their bread is buttered and pursue those dollars.

Why do you think part of Obamacare is that everyone be mandated to
purchase health insurance?

If I sold a particular product or service I would love to have the
federal government require its use.

The alarm industry needs better lobbyists - it should be a Federal
requirement that every home in America have a professionally monitored
fire alarm system.  It's for the Children!