Re: Sometimes It Just Doesn't Pay To Be Conscientious

"Robert L Bass" <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Bob La Londe" wrote:
>>>
>>> Why did you even bother going to the site?, you must have known what the
>>> outcome would be.
>>>
>>> Doug
>>
>> Legal ass covering.
>
> You have no legal obligation to do anything for a customer who bought a
> panel 5 years ago and is now going with a competitor, competent or not.

No, but it's a type of person who will cause trouble.  All I was doing was
verifying definitively everything I told them was true and that nobody had
damaged or tampered with anything.  I did not show them anything, just
verified that there is no reason their guy could not program the panel with
zero intervention or assistance from me.

> Don't waste your time on people like that, Bob.  This guy got exactly what
> he deserves -- a lying, incompetent alarm guy that will treat him exactly
> the way he treated you.  I didn't even realize that EMG had offices out
> there... :^)

I am a confrontational type person and when falsely accused of anything I
pretty much stew over it for days.  I also try to resolve it permanently so
I never have to deal with it again.  Its not always possible, but I try.

I used to teach my techs, "if you have to ask if its good enough, ITS NOT!"
Same kind of thinking.  Its why I could never be an attorney or a design
engineer.   Not meaning to insult engineers.