Sometimes It Just Doesn't Pay To Be Conscientious

Had a call a few weeks ago.  Another company was trying to monitor a panel I
installed five years ago.  A P9600.  They claimed it could not be monitored
without my coming out to unlock the panel.  Anybody see any glaring problems
right off the bat with that?  Yeah, me too.  No I didn't remove it.  I leave
those in place, especially on unmonitored panels.

Of course the tech disconnected the phone line while he was waiting to waste
my time.  But it shouldn't be needed anyway for me.

After pulling their original client file I sent a letter to the client
explaining that for any installer familiar with Napco panels from a
competent legitimate company they should have everything they need to
program and monitor the system without any help or further information from
me.  I got a call today basically calling me a liar.  I went out to the
site, and yep its still there and it works to put it in program mode just
like I said.

The customer still said I was full of shit, and the only reason I was able
to put it in program was because I installed it.

Sigh!

Of course that same customer tried to get out of paying for a battery a
couple months ago by saying I had replaced the battery a few months earlier.
I tried to pass over that then by saying I would check the my records and
see if they had been charged for one in the last year.  If they hadn't I
would send them a bill.  They got insistently belligerent at that point.

Sigh!

Some people just aren't intelligent enough to own an alarm panel.

I hope they are happy with their new under qualified and/or incompetent
alarm company.  I sure don't want them calling me back.