Re: EMG (Ripoff) Security of Sarasota

On Jan 25, 1:59=A0am, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> He's not a customer, just a friend. =A0The problem is the sales droid pro=
bably
> didn't break any laws. =A0He violated professional ethics but unfortunate=
ly that's
> not a crime. =A0These guys do this all the time and usually get away with=
 it. =A0I'm
> glad I no longer go out to sell in people's homes. =A0It was a lot of fun=
 way back
> when, but I couldn't tolerate all that nonsense any more, even if I wasn'=
t ill.

> There was a guy in CT who used to bad-mouth my little company all the tim=
e.
> He'd say we ran out CS in the cellar, the garage, an outhouse, whatever. =
=A0:^)

> Customers would sometimes ask what I thought of "so and so's" alarm compa=
ny. =A0I
> figured they'd already had an earful so I just said, "They're a competito=
r. =A0I'd
> rather let them stand or fall on their own merit." =A0Then I'd go right b=
ack to my
> presentation. =A0Care to guess who won most of those bids?
>
> Recently I found out where that salesman is. =A0He works in sales... for =
> distributor. =A0I bear him no grudge though I don't have much respect for=
 him.

> I think it was Churchill who said, "It doesn't take all kinds. =A0There s=
imply are
> all kinds." =A0:^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

> "nick markowitz" <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Jan 24, 3:13 am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 23, 11:46 pm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I recently gave a system to a friend of mine for his home. It's a Nap=
co
> > > P1632.
> > > He decided to have it monitored so he called EMG, a local outfit. The=
y sent
> > > salesman out. The guy told my friend that the Napco system is non-sta=
ndard
> > > and
> > > that no central station in the country can monitor it. Then he tried =
to get
> > > him
> > > to sign a lease for a "better" system.
>
> > > My friend called me while the salesman was still there and told me wh=
at he
> > > was
> > > saying. I said, "Throw him out of the house. He's a liar." The sales =
guy
> > > gets
> [...]

I haven't taken on any new customers for couple years now and I just
have to laugh as I watch the others around me blow each others brains
out  for work. so they can get that all precious MRR .
I had a customer move out of a building with a fire system  and new
people move in and call me other day to get it reactivated and I gave
them a good price which they balked as they fooled around for a month
getting bids  now that they realize they are going to get screwed all
of a sudden now they need me to do it and right now I have no time so
I told them to call some one else.
Im tired of dealing with fuck offs.
added to I gave them a price