Re: Another dumb ass tech

On Jan 1, 10:33=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 1, 8:45=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 1, 4:28=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > What is ADT's attrition rate Robert?
>
> > RHC: You know darn well that is a highly kept secret for PR reasons.
> > However, I do know the attrition rate of another large company and
> > ADT's is equal or worse. So my guess would be somewhere between 7% to
> > 20%. The exact number doesn't matter so much as the fact that they
> > either don't care, or simply accept it as an unavoidable fact of life
> > for a large corporation.
>
> How do you know ADT's is equal or worse than that other large company?

RHC: Another trick question !!

That OTHER large company is the same one that does my monitoring. I
also get a lot of their customers coming to me, largely to save money
though, not because of bad service. I have a gentleman's agreement
with them that I will not takeover their accounts, and bring them back
as third party, since this would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. In
turn, (to my knowledge) they don't interfere with my customers
(although at their rates, that would be a rarity at best). I see how
many of their customers try to come to me. I compare it to the number
of ADT customers that come my way, and draw some inferences from that
comparison, since I know their attrition rate (and it too is growing
out of control).

I know these people well, and they are my "partners" in many ways,
although also competition at the same time. The special team of people
assigned to lower their attrition rate, seem to have their hands tied
in many respects, since large corporations refuse to compromise on
things like price, contracts and warranty coverage. I see these
things, and I'm further convinced that small businesses will always
have a leg up on large corporations (once the customer finally
discovers them)

We have untold numbers of local companies offering monitoring for
$9.95 monthly, with no contract term (although payable a year in
advance so really it's a year). Service and warranty is simply not
discussed and their customers buy on price alone. I get a few of their
customers coming my way as well for the service, which has to be
expensive since they don't make much in the RMR. Unfortunately, these
boards are almost always locked which would be a problem for a lot of
other companies.

The situation is not black and white ! Little guys can be atrocious as
well. There are "little guys" here in town that no one "knowledgeable"
will takeover their accounts - period !  On the other side, I see a
lot of ADT accounts and generally they are at least reasonably well
installed, but often lack full coverage due to initial high prices to
include these zones in the basic system. It's also pretty easy to see
whether the system was initially installed by an ADT dealer or an ADT
company installer. ADT proper seems to prefer more the full hardwired
systems; their dealers not so much, and here is where you see a lot of
the "all in one" squawk boxes and fully wireless systems.

The more I see, the less I worry about our future.....