Re: Another dumb ass tech

On Dec 31, 4:54=A0pm, Effenpig1 <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 30, 10:33=A0pm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Russell Brill wrote:
> > > Nick,
>
> > > I used to complain about all the garbage work that I would encounter,
> > > not anymore... I HOPE THESE BIG CHEAP companies keep hiring these
> > > substandard techs, it's GREAT for my business :-))
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Russ
>
> > Really?
> > My take is that as long as you experienced guys keep bailing them out, =
the
> > ADT's of this world will continue to thrive. You can not outmarket them=
.

> > --
> > js
>
> > Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
>
> I honestly don't know where I would be without the help of ADT. They
> advertise to the masses and manage to get people who would have never
> even thought of security to buy their systems, people I don't have the
> time and resources to reach out to. Then 3 years later I swoop in,
> offer monitoring at half the price, you know the story. The only
> downside is it sometimes takes more time to bring their existing ADT
> system up to spec than it would have taken to install a new system.

RHC: So true! I simply do not understand a company that puts out the
millions of dollars of advertising that they do each year, then
tolerates losing a significant number of their accounts through poor
monitoring, mediocre service and installations, and lengthy wait
times. Like some other big companies, they too have the internal
resources to be a real market leader, but fail to do so because of an
inability to control and manage their large bureaucracy. All my
takeover customers tell me the same thing - they left because of
ridiculous pricing and / or bad or non existent service !!!!! Managers
who see these attrition rates as just the price of doing business, and
not as a failure to perform, should be fired !!

I was reading an interesting observation and business prediction about
the coming decade. This writer was predicting that the consumer in the
years ahead will be looking for a more personal business connection
and will gravitate to businesses providing this more personal level of
service, where the service provider (in whatever industry) truly
listens to them, and responds in a more personal and flexible way to
their buying concerns. It seems things like the internet are drawing
buyers and sellers closer together. People are increasingly no longer
willing to tolerate being considered a marketing resource to be mined
for every last dollar that can be extracted. Companies may finally
have to actually earn the customer's business and do so in a more
personal way.

If this trend is indeed true,  small business that understands the
value of good service will see an increase in market share this
decade. It seems, our future looks bright !!!