Re: Its My Fault....

On Dec 16, 6:23=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 3:49=A0pm, "RockyTSquirrel" <gafa_...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Able1, =A0anything that receives =A0is also a transmitter, =A0how else =
=A0would you
> > know it received the signal =A0 in the first place..
>
> > with that said =A0most receivers =A0only transmit =A0audio, video or da=
ta range
> > signals, =A0however with the proper equipment =A0you could pickup the I=
> > signals from a receiver at a considerable range. (ie... =A0spy stuff)
>
> > RTS
>
> > "ABLE1" =A0wrote in message

> > "nick markowitz" <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > I always wondered how they ever could know if anyone was listening.
>
> > > What's an Arbitron and how does it work?
>
> > Originally they used paper logs =A0and people selected in the community
> > would fill in what TV or radio stations they where watching and or
> > listening to at what times and submit these monthly to Arbitron.
> > Arbitron would then crunch the numbers so =A0advertisers and show
> > producers would know if there shows and ads where working.
> > For example in Pittsburgh Pa. =A0the no1# morning =A0drive radio show
> > listened to was always 1020 KDKA
> > and no2# was 102.5 WDVE =A0 =A0 now 104.7 WPGB an FM talker is no1#
>
> > While the logs where effective it took time =A0to get them back and
> > compile them with there new PPM equipment
> > you carry a small meter with you and it auto logs and can then be
> > downloaded via the net for closer to real time results.
>
> > What I installed yesterday is a Sub-audible encoder which inserts
> > symbols in the air stream which these PPM meters pick up pretty neat.
> > Now we will know if people are listening to our station and which
> > shows they are listening to.www.arbitron.com
>
> > Nick, =A0you are creating a cliffhanger...........................
>
> > If I understand what you just typed then the Sub-audible encode inserts
> > 'blips' on to the radio signal that can't be heard either because it is=
> > low or to high for the human ear to hear. =A0These 'blips' are then bro=
adcast
> > out into the world and beyond, bouncing off the ionosphere or not and a=
re
> > then picked up by the radio receiver when someone is listening to your
> > station. =A0Then this "radio receiver" turns into a "radio transmitter"=
 that
> > then transmits the 'blips' back up to the PPM meters that collects the
> > 'blips' and you get a report of how many 'blips' are being sent and whe=
n.
> > Right??
>
> > The part that really has be hanging is how the radio receiver turns int=
o a
> > transmitter. =A0That part escapes me some how.
>
> > All very interesting and Big Brother thing wrapped into one. =A0WOW!!!
>
> > Thanks for helping me to understand the way it works.
>
> > Les

> [...]

Hey Coo-well.

After I got out of the Navy, I never did anything with my RF
Experience
It's a whole other world. And now days, it's even more intricate
considering Cellular and Wireless networks.

Was a time I was considered as knowing "lots" about "electronics".
Now, ............ there's just too much to know.

Besides, now, my brain is so filled with useless information, I suffer
from a bad case of CRS. (Can't remember shit)