Re: Its My Fault....

On Dec 15, 12:49=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's CAD.
>
> You know its funny. =A0I've been doing more trade in one of my hobbies la=
tely,
> and I am a lot happier than when I go to my day job. =A0My customers in t=
hat
> field all want prototypes and they either pay upfront or they don't. =A0I=
 can
> see me getting out of contracting some day, or atleast turning it into my
> part time hobby.

I seem to be having the same experience. I've always had a liking for
audio from when I was a kid but just never took the time to really get
into it. In the last 10 years or so, I've been doing more and more TV,
surround sound and home theater work. Right now, I've got more home
theater jobs scheduled than alarm work. No RMR but people will really
pay lots for entertainment. And the biggest reason is that buying a TV
or any type of A/V device is so complicated that the end user is
totally lost when trying to choose. I read about 4 magazines a month
and browse the A/V forums and just being able to direct my customer
base on what to buy has brought me lots of business.
Go figure.  I get to work and play with equipment that I'd never be
able to afford nor even be able to utilize. Lot's of fun and I get
paid too!!!