Re: Want to build your own alarm gizmo?

On Apr 19, 11:45=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 9:18=EF=BF=BDpm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 19, 1:13 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > My background is quite varied also.
>
> > By the way, I hear/read that there's some easing up of the restrictive
> > firearms laws up your way.
>
> RHC: Yes and no ! There is a private members bill that has passed two
> of three readings needed to eliminate the long gun registry once and
> for all. This politically motivated "white elephant" has cost the
> Canadian taxpayer over $2 billion dollars so far and has done
> virtually nothing to either assist the police in investigating crime
> or realistically prevented crime in any way. However, with the recent
> proroging of Parliament for several months, its given the anti gun
> extremists time to scuttle around trying to stack the committee
> studying it before third and final reading, with equally anti gun
> members of Parliament. This tactic may or may not work. At this point,
> it's an even split whether or not it will pass and finally be
> eliminated. Thank God we finally have at least a shadow of a gun lobby
> now which has so far done a fairly credible job of getting the truth
> out.
>
> You have to know the politics of the Canadian culture to really
> appreciate how deeply engrained the anti gun sentiment is in this
> country. Sometimes I think all non gun owning citizens in this country
> have been brainwashed by a left leaning, holier than thou, political
> "elite" who really believe that the average citizen is a complete
> idiot, and can think no deeper than the last violent movie he or she
> has seen. I believe they believe that the average citizen is not to be
> trusted with a gun, and these sorts of restrictive and unnecessary
> laws go a long way to promoting their anti gun goal of "social
> engineering" guns out of society over the longer term. Horror stories
> of shootings south of our border do nothing to ease community fears
> about the general ownership of firearms; however, that same reporting
> media never look any deeper than the thrill factor side of reporting.
> If they did, they would see a very different truth existing - one
> backed up by facts and accurate statistics - =EF=BF=BDand one it seems th=
at
> same "political elite" don't want the public to know about.
>
> Remember, this is the country that gave its highest honour - the Order
> of Canada - to the woman who spearheaded the passing of the
> legislation bringing the long gun registry into being to start with !
> Enough said.....

I sympathize with your concerns and observations.

The Order of Canada. ....... Sad. When I hear things like that I just
get a very helpless feeling.

Here,  statistically, in most of the states have the least restrictive
firearms laws, the lower the crime. I never hear that in the news
reports.

Oh well.

It seems that the sheep ..... ummmm .. I mean meek, actually HAVE
inherited the earth. Unfortunately they'll destroy it in the process.