Re: Want to build your own alarm gizmo?

On Apr 22, 12:06=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 11:45 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 19, 9:18 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 19, 1:13 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > My background is quite varied also.
>
> > > By the way, I hear/read that there's some easing up of the restrictiv=
> > > firearms laws up your way.
>
> > RHC: Yes and no ! There is a private members bill that has passed two
> > of three readings needed to eliminate the long gun registry once and
> > for all. This politically motivated "white elephant" has cost the
> > Canadian taxpayer over $2 billion dollars so far and has done
> > virtually nothing to either assist the police in investigating crime
> > or realistically prevented crime in any way. However, with the recent
> > proroging of Parliament for several months, its given the anti gun
> > extremists time to scuttle around trying to stack the committee
> > studying it before third and final reading, with equally anti gun
> > members of Parliament. This tactic may or may not work. At this point,
> > it's an even split whether or not it will pass and finally be
> > eliminated. Thank God we finally have at least a shadow of a gun lobby
> > now which has so far done a fairly credible job of getting the truth
> > out.
>
> > You have to know the politics of the Canadian culture to really
> > appreciate how deeply engrained the anti gun sentiment is in this
> > country. Sometimes I think all non gun owning citizens in this country
> > have been brainwashed by a left leaning, holier than thou, political
> > "elite" who really believe that the average citizen is a complete
> > idiot, and can think no deeper than the last violent movie he or she
> > has seen. I believe they believe that the average citizen is not to be
> > trusted with a gun, and these sorts of restrictive and unnecessary
> > laws go a long way to promoting their anti gun goal of "social
> > engineering" guns out of society over the longer term. Horror stories
> > of shootings south of our border do nothing to ease community fears
> > about the general ownership of firearms; however, that same reporting
> > media never look any deeper than the thrill factor side of reporting.
> > If they did, they would see a very different truth existing - one
> > backed up by facts and accurate statistics - and one it seems that
> > same "political elite" don't want the public to know about.
>
> > Remember, this is the country that gave its highest honour - the Order
> > of Canada - to the woman who spearheaded the passing of the
> > legislation bringing the long gun registry into being to start with !
> > Enough said.....
>
> I sympathize with your concerns and observations.
>
> The Order of Canada. ....... Sad. When I hear things like that I just
> get a very helpless feeling.
>
> Here, =A0statistically, in most of the states have the least restrictive
> firearms laws, the lower the crime. I never hear that in the news
> reports.
>
> Oh well.

> [...]

RHC: The only time I've ever been ashamed to say I was a Canadian was
when I heard this abomination of an appointment....our highest honour
given to a liar and an extremist.!!!!!

Just the other day, the leader of our Liberal Party (akin to your
Democrats only farther left) has publicly told his MP's on the
committee they are not allowed to vote their conscience on this Bill.
They are expected to vote along party lines to keep the registry
simply because it's a past Liberal "accomplishment". These idiots
sense that the public are finally coming to their senses about
wasteful programs and restrictive government activities of all sorts
and are desperate to keep the "status quo". This would permit the
maintaining of a large useless bureaucracy to continue the ineffective
registry.

Their main argument is that the police have a way of knowing which
household has guns in it prior to going there. These dimwits seem to
forget that the authorities already know it from the Firearms
Aquisition Cerificate gun licensing program, so a database to keep the
information about individual firearms is redundant and can only be
used to further restrict certain types of firearms in the future when
some bureaucrat decides that such and such a gun is deemed dangerous
to public safety (whatever the hell that means...).

I know and shoot with a lot of police officers. To a man they tell me
the whole thing is a joke from their perspective. As one said to me,
if he doesn't always prepare for the worst when going on a call, he
will end up dead someday. The registry does nothing for him. The
registry is nothing more than "pap for the public" to make the
government look like it's doing something against crime !!

So you have to ask the question, what is it's real purpose. I think we
both know the real answer to that question !!!!!!!!!!!!