Re: Want to build your own alarm gizmo?

On Apr 19, 9:18=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 1:13 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My background is quite varied also.
>
> By the way, I hear/read that there's some easing up of the restrictive
> firearms laws up your way.

RHC: Yes and no ! There is a private members bill that has passed two
of three readings needed to eliminate the long gun registry once and
for all. This politically motivated "white elephant" has cost the
Canadian taxpayer over $2 billion dollars so far and has done
virtually nothing to either assist the police in investigating crime
or realistically prevented crime in any way. However, with the recent
proroging of Parliament for several months, its given the anti gun
extremists time to scuttle around trying to stack the committee
studying it before third and final reading, with equally anti gun
members of Parliament. This tactic may or may not work. At this point,
it's an even split whether or not it will pass and finally be
eliminated. Thank God we finally have at least a shadow of a gun lobby
now which has so far done a fairly credible job of getting the truth
out.

You have to know the politics of the Canadian culture to really
appreciate how deeply engrained the anti gun sentiment is in this
country. Sometimes I think all non gun owning citizens in this country
have been brainwashed by a left leaning, holier than thou, political
"elite" who really believe that the average citizen is a complete
idiot, and can think no deeper than the last violent movie he or she
has seen. I believe they believe that the average citizen is not to be
trusted with a gun, and these sorts of restrictive and unnecessary
laws go a long way to promoting their anti gun goal of "social
engineering" guns out of society over the longer term. Horror stories
of shootings south of our border do nothing to ease community fears
about the general ownership of firearms; however, that same reporting
media never look any deeper than the thrill factor side of reporting.
If they did, they would see a very different truth existing - one
backed up by facts and accurate statistics -  and one it seems that
same "political elite" don't want the public to know about.

Remember, this is the country that gave its highest honour - the Order
of Canada - to the woman who spearheaded the passing of the
legislation bringing the long gun registry into being to start with !
Enough said.....