Re: Want to build your own alarm gizmo?

On Apr 18, 11:45=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 18, 11:19=EF=BF=BDpm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 18, 8:00=EF=BF=BDam, "Bill" <billnomailnosp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > You would come across these things and say "What is that?" (Because i=
t was
> > > the only one of its kind in the world!)
>
> > That's exactly why people don't do much of that anymore, too much of a
> > pain for the next guy to troubleshoot
>
> RHC: In all honesty, why would any company want to bother with an
> activity that eats up valuable time for one customer which could be
> far more wisely spent making money serving many others. It's simply
> not a good use of your limited time resources.
>
> You might want to do it because it's a challenge; because it's a bit
> of a hobby, or because you're doing a friend a favour, but as a matter
> of business course, absolutely not ! Any activity that is outside your
> core business activities means you are not conducting your business as
> efficiently as you can or should. IMO, it should be strictly the
> domain of the hobbiest and the DIY crowd
>
> ..... but then wtf do I know.....:))

Don't you ever do anything because it's a fun challange, even if it
cost you time and money?  That device that I built is now sitting in
my basement but ........ I know I can do it now and it really was a
lot of fun figuring it out. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis
but .......... once in a while it's  ..... ummmm fun! How ever I guess
the other part of what you said is partially true too. I'm one of the
few lucky ones that I can make a living at my hobby. Gadgets and
gizmos and inventiveness, and being able to improvise and work outside
the so called "box". Otherwise, all this alarm stuff only, would be
pretty repetitive and ultimately boring. A number of people that I
meet in this trade will tell me that they think what they do is boring
and that they wish that they could do something else. I tell them if
that were true, they'd be doing it.