Re: Good news... well, sort of

On Sep 25, 1:19 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 11:40 pm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Jim wrote:
> > > I Don't go to places where there are big uncontrolable crowds or
> > > hostile people. Limits my travel destinations sometimes but there are
> > > lots of other choices and the relaxation level is great.
>
> > I thought you did work in NYC.
>
> > --
> > js
>
> > Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
>
> Not Me!!!!!!!!!   That'd be Tom.
>
> I don't think I've been to Manhattan more than 20 times in my whole
> life. Besides, I'm not allowed to "carry" in NYC. where ironically is
> exactly where you need to. <

Most industry guys that I have met would have heart attacks if they
had to work on some of the sites I've had to over the years. Some
would clutch their chests in fear while others would clutch in anger
because the laws of the land tie their hands from delivering a proper
response to any threat.
That's what happens to guys that think too much about their
surroundings. The way I dealt with it was simple. I just focused on
the income. I'd sooner take a contract in Hunt's Point than a contract
in the Hamptons. In Hunt's Point my only concern is a crackhead trying
to swipe tools. In the Hamptons it would be the travel factor, and the
thought of working for a cheap snooty bastard that would moan about
how the use of power tools is disturbing their tea party.