Re: Good news... well, sort of

On Sep 27, 2:47=EF=BF=BDam, too fat for a ladder <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wro=
te:

> Most industry guys that I have met would have heart attacks if they
> had to work on some of the sites I've had to over the years. Some
> would clutch their chests in fear while others would clutch in anger
> because the laws of the land tie their hands from delivering a proper
> response to any threat.

You've made my point.

> That's what happens to guys that think too much about their
> surroundings.

It's the people who don't think about their surroundings that are more
likely going to run into a problem they can't handle. Those that are
aware ..... don't.

>The way I dealt with it was simple. I just focused on
> the income. I'd sooner take a contract in Hunt's Point than a contract
> in the Hamptons. In Hunt's Point my only concern is a crackhead trying
> to swipe tools. In the Hamptons it would be the travel factor, and the
> thought of working for a cheap snooty bastard that would moan about
> how the use of power tools is disturbing their tea party.-

The obvious answer is ..... to not to work for the cheap snooty
bastards. When I first started I was hardup for any job. Now, when I
sense "the attitude" the price goes WAY up. If they're cheap, I don't
get the job. If they're not, but pains in the ass, twice the amount
makes it more bearable. But, on a couple of occasions, I've had to lay
it on the line. Some back off. Those that don't, we settle up and they
get someone else. I don't have time for the BS anymore and there's
always another client waiting patiently for my work.

It's nice to be King.